Monday, August 9, 2010

Shinjuku Drug Cats


After running this site for nearly a year our resolve has been worn down to the nub... We now join every other Japan blog in saying "LOL! CATS IN JAPAN ARE SO KAWAII AND WACKY!!!" Almost.

When I saw a crazed mob over a hundred strong swarming a street corner in Shinjuku, my first thought was that they must be giving out those Tenga eggs again so I hopped right into the line. Imagine my disappointment when I squeezed my way to the front and found a family of cats asleep on a traffic signal box. Everyone else, however, was too ecstatic to notice that six feet away there stood a seriously creepy man dressed in cat hair, lurching over a pet cage and getting his rocks off gazing intently at the giddy young girls. He didn't even try to hide the fact that he tranquilized the poor things and planted them there for his own deviant pleasure.

6 comments:

  1. Know what this country needs? Less cats, MORE HAGFISH. For reals. I wanna be walking down the street minding my own business when I see some hagfish flopping around in a puddle or what have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a horrible man... Glad you were looking a bit harder than most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love cats, but man, this kind of phenomenon is so tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the diabolical scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're just as bad for not doing anything to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous: Other than call attention to their plight, what would you have suggested I do? Kidnap them? Get on a soapbox and preach to the crowd? Call in PETA's emergency elite squadron? Beat up their owner? Come on...

    ReplyDelete